The Open Bank Project (OBP) is the leading open source API solution for banks.
OBP enables financial institutions to securely and rapidly provide their customers with access to an ecosystem of 3rd party apps and services.
It offers a catalogue of over 270 pre-built banking APIs – and an API Manager to manage these APIs and create bespoke APIs.
Clients gain access to OBP’s vibrant and global community of over 11,000 fintech developers & startups and their Apps, ready for leverage by banks.
Open Bank Project middleware lives on-premise behind the bank’s firewall or in the cloud. Mixed on-prem & cloud installations are possible.
OBP connects to the bank’s back-end systems and third party APIs and exposes a rich set of modern and fintech-friendly APIs.
It comes with:
- over 270 read-to-use APIs that support many banking and fintech use cases
- a high performance, highly secure API Gateway
- a developer friendly self service API portal
- a fully persistant sandbox (think of it as a mini self contained core banking system)
- flexible and easy-to-use core-banking connectors
- Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) workflows satisfying PSD2 and similar regulation